Scholten4Iowa is currently seeking hardworking and self-motivated interns on a rolling basis. Interning with a campaign is one of the best ways to learn firsthand about political campaigns. This is an ideal opportunity to work for one of the exciting new Democratic leaders of Iowa’s 4th Congressional District. As an intern, you’ll have the chance to learn about the many aspects of a Congressional race and experience the excitement of the campaign from the inside. Scheduling is flexible, weekend availability is a plus. Minimum hours are 10 per a week, though many interns work full time.
Interns will perform a variety of tasks that fall into three main categories:
Research and Policy Interns
- Research policy issues of critical importance to voters in Iowa’s 4th District
- Work with the communications and policy team to develop positions consistent with core Democratic values and voter concerns
- Voter and organizational research and work with the field team to develop a field plan
- Conduct critical donor research
- Assist the finance team with managing data
- Staff the candidate at fundraising events
- Work with the finance team to execute call time, events, and other aspects of the finance plan
- Recruit, train, and coordinate volunteers
- Organize phone bank shifts and canvassing days
- Manage databases
- Participate in direct voter contact
- Assist in event planning
- Support the candidate and senior staff
- Lead our participation in community events
- Promote a positive volunteer experience for volunteers in the office and in the field
Depending on your school's requirements for credit, you may be able to receive school credit for working on the campaign. Interns are encouraged to seek approval of credit from their school.
Interns should possess a strong work ethic, the ability to interact comfortably with the public, and close attention to detail. Strong interpersonal, research, and writing skills required. Interest in progressive politics a plus.
If you are interested please email résumé and contact info to: firstname.lastname@example.org